• Facebook

Poulos + Schmid Design Group, Inc.
1717 E. Perkins Avenue, Sandusky, OH 44870
Phone:  419.625.0009   Fax:  419.625.3967

The Chapel

4444 Galloway Road, Sandusky, Ohio

Opened Fall 2002

 

This new 40,000 sf church was designed to maximize modular spaces that can be used for a variety of services, meetings, and functions of any size. A special ampitheater style seating was designed into the Youth Center. The Atrium has a waterfall and bapistry and its spacious layout will offer a grand space for wedddings and special events. THe coffee bar, atrium sitting area, and adult classrooms ahve a "home" deisgn including fireplaces and comfortable seating. The Auditorium holds 600 occupants and can be converted into a gymnasium.

Expansion Opened April 2007

 

The Chapel, a non-denominational church in Sandusky, Ohio opened their 40,000 s.f. church in 2002. They have seen continuous growth and determined there was an immediate need to expand their facility to accommodate the many ministries. They opened a new 5,500 s.f. Office Addition and 2,500 s.f. Pre-School /Nursery Classroom expansion in the Spring of 2007. This contemporary style worship facility was carefully detailed with architectural features, specialty lighting, maximized use of natural light, warm & kid friendly color schemes, and modern technology.

The new classrooms have computerized check-in stations, a salt water fish tank, glass garage door classroom dividers, crawl tunnels, specialty lighting and plenty of kid friendly activity stations. The offices were designed for each pastor to have their desk area separated by a partial glass privacy wall from their counseling area. The Worship Ministry, Youth Ministry and Kids Ministry space were designed as suites, with central meeting rooms surrounded by private offices and workstations. The specialty lighting, two-story open spaces, and large amounts of natural light create a very comfortable working environment for all staff and volunteers.